[chbot] Follow up on laser cutting

Solor Vox solorvox at epic.geek.nz
Tue Jan 1 20:16:11 GMT 2013

Paul, I did read about that one with the direct trace.  However, I also
read that this removes the ESD protection and will most likely end up
frying the chip.

I have the R820T tuner and am able to do 22MHz-1.7GHz.  I haven't got to
build my antenna yet.  So I am just using an indoor TV aerial to play with
the SDR software.

I've been having trouble with good software (drivers work well) on Linux.
 I'd much prefer to use Gqrx on Linux... but I'm stuck using SDRSharp on
Windows at the moment.  (Mono seems to hate Linux)

Cheers

--
http://epic.geek.nz/