[chbot] Follow up on laser cutting

Paul Davey plmdvy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 10:30:52 GMT 2013

By the way it is not necessary to use an upconverter for the 0-28.8MHz
band, there is an alternate branch of the librtlsdr library that can use
the RTL2832 in direct sampling mode and the internal DDC to get that band.

This only requires an antenna feed into the RTL chip that bypasses the
tuner chip, so a spare RTL based stick can be used even if the tuner is
horrible.

If you want the band between 28.8MHz and 54MHz though you would still need
an upconverter.

Paul