[chbot] OT : smart phone shopping list

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Mon Aug 12 01:46:31 BST 2013

On 12/08/13 10:52, Yani Dubin wrote:

> Hads: I hope you have an anti-drop shield around that sucker :) If not,
> I suggest looking at some reviews and taking heed.

I don't consider it as fragile as that would suggest.

My wife has a case on hers but mine has no additional protection. I've
had mine since last year and it's had the odd knock and scrape with no
adverse effects.

If you're worried about it a $20 case solves that problem. This is the
one my wife uses and it seems pretty good;

http://www.rearthusa.com/google-nexus-4-ringke-slim-case

On the other hand, a Galaxy Nexus was dropped on relatively soft
linoleum over timber floor here and the screen broke - all smartphones
with a big glass screen are going to break eventually if you drop.

hads
--
http://nice.net.nz