[chbot] ARM boards

Michael Field hamster at snap.net.nz
Fri Nov 18 09:33:00 GMT 2011

On 18/11/2011 10:09 p.m., Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> On Fri 18 Nov 2011 12:18:44 NZDT +1300, Pieter Britz wrote:
>
>>    Do you still have any ARM based boards left you could move on?
>> I'd like to experiment on a ARM with FreeRTOS and some sensors.
> Probably the cheapest way to get a basic ARM board is to buy an
> LPCXpresso board, they start at around $40+pp. On board is an LED, an 8k
> I2C EEPROM and a LAN8720 Ethernet PHY (but no magnetics or jack), and a
> truckloads of holes to solder your cables into.

Over at http://www.raspberrypi.org <http://www.raspberrypi.org/> the
Raspberry Pi has almost finished baking - the PC board artwork has been
finalised and the components for the first 10,000 have been ordered. ETA
for shipping is early next month. Price will be US$35 + US$7.50 P&P to
New Zealand.

For this you will get single core 700MHz ARM11, 256MB RAM, 1080p HDMI
video, 2xUSB ports, 10/100 Ethernet, SDHC socket for storage powered
over a microUSB cable, The PCB is the size of a credit card.

As usual for ARM boards a dozen or so 3.3V GPIO pins are available on a
2.54mm pitch header for interfacing... can't wait!

Mike