[chbot] ARM boards

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Fri Nov 18 09:09:38 GMT 2011

On Fri 18 Nov 2011 12:18:44 NZDT +1300, Pieter Britz wrote:

>   Do you still have any ARM based boards left you could move on?
> I'd like to experiment on a ARM with FreeRTOS and some sensors.

Probably the cheapest way to get a basic ARM board is to buy an
LPCXpresso board, they start at around $40+pp. On board is an LED, an 8k
I2C EEPROM and a LAN8720 Ethernet PHY (but no magnetics or jack), and a
truckloads of holes to solder your cables into.

The other half of the PCB is occupied by a JTAG style paperweight (using
a top-secret NXP ARM for which there isn't even a datasheet) which you
saw off (it's designed for that) and biff into the bin.

http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.