[chbot] OT....what should it cost?

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jan 27 01:12:25 GMT 2011

Carls subject line has a prefix OT which means "Off Topic".
The robotics community bring to bear diverse disciplines and
technologies such as physics, software, chemistry, mechanics,
electronics, wood work, metalwork and so on. So it is quite natural
for Carl to ask advice on something that we may be able to offer views
and advice on. Even though not directly a robotics application many
robots do use video technology. Hence the large number of helpful and
thoughtful replies. I offer this in the spirit that there are no
stupid questions, just stupid answers. (Including mine!)

Richard