[chbot] Kickstart in FPGA course...

Paul Davey plmdvy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 05:50:06 GMT 2011

>> >Actel have a nice USD99
>> >http://www.actel.com/products/hardware/devkits_boards/smartfusion_eval.asp
>> >
>> >This has a hard-wired internal Cortex-M3 ARM CPU + 200k gates etc etc. USB
>> >download :-). Linux only available for parts of the toolchain  :-(.. OLED
>> >display, Ethernet, DACs and hot and cold running water :-).  Web server
>> >software...

I like this idea, do you know of any other boards with FPGAs
containing arm cores? or perhaps even other common processor cores.
This would be rather useful for various robotics applications, if you
had enough ram you could run a scripting language on the arm core and
have custom interface logic in the fpga :)

I did some googling and I think xilinx have done some arm + fpga chips
but I don't know of any boards that have them or if they even have any
for our price range at all.

Paul