[chbot] Small Micros with I2C bus

Michael Pearce mike at kiwacan.co.nz
Thu Apr 21 16:48:17 BST 2011

If you want the smallest package then you might have to switch to a
Microchip PIC the PIC12F1840 and PIC12F1822 are 8 pin devices with
hardware I2C peripheral... about as small as you will get until they
release a PIC10F (6 pin) with one.

You can sample or buy from http://www.microchipdirect.com  (Cheapest)
Should also be available from Digikey, Farnell (Now Element14), RS, Mouser, etc.
SICOM might be able to order them in for you as well.. but will of
coarse add their 100%+ margin.

I am of course bias toward the PIC... especially since I now work for
Microchip in Arizona.

Mike