[chbot] Small Micros with I2C bus

Paul Davey plmdvy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:08:37 BST 2011

I have a group project at university involving microcontrollers.  We
will be using an Atmel AT91SAM7S256 micro.  The project involves
interfacing several external components.  I thought it may be a good
time to experiment with I2C and offload some of the sensing and input
to a few smaller micros and have the main one query them over I2C for
the results.  Since the project we are doing is a simplified model of
part of a home automation system it would make sense that not all of
the sensors are a reasonable distance from the main micro.

Now that I have rambled on, to the point!  Does anyone know where I
could get a small volume of small micros (like the ATTiny series or
such) that preferably have I2C peripherals in them.  Where do people
buy micros from in New Zealand :/

Sorry for the rambling.

Paul Davey