[chbot] c Book

follower follower at rancidbacon.com
Wed Sep 15 05:20:54 BST 2010

On 15 September 2010 13:05, Andrew Errington
<a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:
> The canonical reference is K&R:
While I agree K&R may well be canonical, in most cases I don't think
it's particularly suitable for beginners. From memory it's quite dry,
terse and doesn't do a lot of hand-holding. But maybe that appeals to
some beginners. :)

Back in the early 2000's when I was at Uni I picked up a copy of "C
Programming : A Modern Approach" by K. N. King and was pretty
impressed with it. I don't know if there's been a better book released
since then.

The question is one that comes up on sites like Slashdot, Hacker News
and probably the programming Reddit and Stack Overflow too so I'd
suggest searching there as well.

--Philip;