[chbot] c Book

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Sep 15 02:05:55 BST 2010

On Wed, September 15, 2010 08:52, Marshland Engineering wrote:
> Is there a book you can recommend for some starting in c ?
> If you have an old one that you want to sell or  loan, can you please
> bring it to the meeting tonight or contact me on 3237449. Thanks Wallace.

The canonical reference is K&R:

C Programming Language (2nd Edition) by Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M.
Ritchie

<http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Language-2nd-Brian-Kernighan/dp/0131103628/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1284512456&sr=8-1>

Maybe they have it at the library, but it's probably out most of the time.

It's very tempting to use this book simply as a reference to dip into, but
I thoroughly recommend you read it cover to cover and do the exercises one
by one.  It *is* suitable for beginners, but you have to be committed to
learn because the material is presented in depth.

Every programmer should have a copy.

Best wishes,

Andrew