[chbot] Next Meeting is Tue 20th October 6.30pm Science Alive

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Sat Oct 3 17:44:35 BST 2009

Our next session is just over 2 weeks away on Tue 20th October 6.30pm in
the Science Alive Seminar Room.

A while back I posted details of the challenge to push 330ml drink cans off
a Science Alive table. (see original post below).

I have a robot built ready for this challenge complete with a can lifter to
lift and carry the cans. Small edible prizes will be awarded to robots
turning up to join in the fun.

Also at this session I will bring along the ATmega328 kits. Bring along $20
if you registered for a kit. There may be some change from your $20, I
still don't have the final cost.

Richard

Posted on 14th September...

A few folks have suggested that a Robotic challenge at each Chch Robotics
session would be a good thing.

Hayley suggested solving aspects related to Robocup rescue could build up
to a complete rescue robot. So for our next challenge I suggest a challenge
to build a robot to push all the cans off a Science Alive table without
falling off. The robot to complete the task in the fastest time wins.
Expect four or more empty, unweighted 330ml drink cans. A future task would
be to pick up the cans and drop them off the table.

We can put the table near the ground to prevent damage to errant robots.
Using a table rather than a genuine rescue mat makes it easier to test at
home.

The challenge will run from 6.30pm on 20th October at Science Alive.

Comments anyone? (I know Guy and Alex want to do drag race one day).

Richard