[chbot] Chchrobotics Digest, Vol 22, Issue 8

Keith Colson next at pitstock.com
Wed Jul 8 04:17:27 BST 2009

Hi Gary

Beware that Tx (transmit) and Rx (receive) may need to be reversed depending
on how they have been labeled.

e.g.
1) The manufacturer labels the micro pin as Tx which means this is the
"ouput" or transmit pin going from the micro

2) The manufacturer labels the micro pin as Tx which means this is the pin
you connect to your transmit pin on your serial converter, in this case this
is the "input pin" to your micro.

I do not know the case for what you have but this is the first thing I would
check. Is Tx pin and output or an input? You may need to hook Rx to TX and
Tx to RX. If you are not sure put a 1k resistors in series with each RX TX
line while experimenting so you dont let the magic smoke out.

Cheers
Keith