[chbot] OT: Novel applications for technology

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jul 7 12:22:38 BST 2009

Off topic, but I thought this might be of interest...

I happened to be in the loo at Monteiths Brewery in Greymouth today doing
the tour.
The gents loo's were fabricated from three old beer barrels. When you stand
in front of them you interrupt an IR beam and the water flush sequences
between each of the urinals. Quite fun and a real surprise.

It reminded me of a friends house where the kitchen light comes on when its
dark and you move around.

Anyone else discovered any novel applications of technology worth sharing?

Richard