[chbot] Micromouse wheels

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 21:50:44 GMT 2009

Road sign?    Just kidding

I've often bought metal from a scap metal dealer. Eg the one in Annex Rd.

On Feb 13, 2009 11:02 PM, "Richard Jones" <rjtp at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

I'm wondering how to get hold of some wheels to attach to stepper motors to
construct a micromouse. The stepper motors are about 42mm square and 32 mm
deep. So I'm thinking that 50mm dia wheels and with rubber or plastic tyres
would be about right. I have access to a lathe and could turn up some out
of aluminium. Anyone know where I could get hold of suitable aluminium rod
or plate? I've been looking at the Nalco site and they have 50mm dia rod
which weighs 5.3kg/m and as their minimum cut length is 1m its probably
going to be pricey. Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives?

Thanks

Richard