[chbot] Micromouse wheels

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Fri Feb 13 10:02:30 GMT 2009

I'm wondering how to get hold of some wheels to attach to stepper motors to
construct a micromouse. The stepper motors are about 42mm square and 32 mm
deep. So I'm thinking that 50mm dia wheels and with rubber or plastic tyres
would be about right. I have access to a lathe and could turn up some out
of aluminium. Anyone know where I could get hold of suitable aluminium rod
or plate? I've been looking at the Nalco site and they have 50mm dia rod
which weighs 5.3kg/m and as their minimum cut length is 1m its probably
going to be pricey. Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives?

Thanks

Richard