[chbot] APC Magazine Arduino Article

Tim Carr Tim at mindkits.co.nz
Tue Aug 4 00:09:54 BST 2009

Hi Charles, hello Christchurch Robotics

Thanks for the ideas and feedback Charles and begrudgingly I think I must
admit that the blinking light does indeed include a component of necessity.

One idea I'm chewing over (as a result of Charles' feedback) is to use the
blinking light example to build a basic animatronic head (with blinking
lights from the first article being used for eyes), the servo gives movement
to the head in the second article and the LDR's/IR's gives tracking for the
3rd article.
The end product may end up being a 'head' on a servo where the maker can
decorate/manipulate the 'skin' to their desire and it follows passers by.
Heh, that just makes me laugh my evil laugh just thinking about the
applications of such a monstrous thing and it's opportunity to scare the
daylights out of my better half.

Having said all this, I suspect even the most basic project will be hard
pressed to fit into a few mag pages so if anyone has any ideas or comments
(positive or negative) I would be most appreciative of your opinion.

Regards,
Tim
MindKits Chief Ninja

--