[chbot] APC Magazine Arduino Article

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Mon Aug 3 23:37:05 BST 2009

You must include the blinking LED. It is a rite of passage. It is an offering
to the Embedded Gods. If you do not make it then you will have a hard life
with lots of blown chips etc. Like any journey you mist start out right! :-)

Getting the led blinking means you've got all the toolchain, cables and
programming working. Enough for the first article.

But you want to make something a bit more interesting quite soon. Preferably
something that has some action.

A few cool(ish) ideas:

* 2 LDRs as On/Off touch switches. When you cover the LDR the ambient light is
blocked and the output turns on/off.

* 2 LDRs mounted on a servo that can track light.

* Digital lock using DS2401 single wire serial number chips as keys. Save
a "database" of keys in EEPROM.