[chbot] Hanno's Update

Hanno Sander hanno at mydancebot.com
Thu Nov 6 00:39:11 GMT 2008

Hi!
Richard asked for a project update- here's mine:
I've been doing robotic stuff 24x7 lately.  I had a great time taking my
DanceBot to my daughter's Kindergarten class last week.  My daughter was
very proud and happy to have me and my robot along for show and tell;  I was
amazed that the kids asked me more than 30 minutes worth of good questions!
DanceBot now uses a camera to somewhat reliably detect a "barcode" pattern.
It's almost like magic or telepathy when I move the barcode
up/down/left/right and the robots does what I want it.  Pretty cool!  I'm
writing up a 10 page feature article on Vision Programming for the
Propeller, which will run in the March Robotics issue of Circuit Cellar.
I'm also very happy to have launched ViewPort v4, accompanied with an
excellent PE Lab from Parallax, an article in the Parallax newsletter, and
several positive forum posts.  I'm now building a ViewPort plugin that will
provide state-of-the-art integrated debugging for the Propeller.  Minutes
ago my spin code hit it's first breakpoint and single step!  See the forum
posts here: http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=25
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the Christmas meeting- bring your
robots and sign up for an NXT!
Hanno