[chbot] Next Chch Robotics Meeting is tomorrow Wednesday 7.30pm

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 19 05:46:30 BST 2008

Science Alive Seminar Room 7.30-9.30pm Wed 20th Aug. Doors open at about
7pm for setup. Gold coin donation.

Tomorrow nights theme is line following and it promises to be an
interesting meeting. There will be some small prizes for robots that can
follow any kind of line reliably on the night.
We may see some robots from Sundays Robocup challenge and maybe they will
perform for us.
I've had a couple of offers to bring along basic stamp demos. I'll bring my
AVR Micromouse, its progressing but not working yet. Bring anything you are
working on functioning or not and be ready to spend a few minutes telling
us about it.
If you find our meetings every other month too infrequent (or too often for
that matter) come along with some ideas about how often we should meet and
what format meetings might take.
There will be a table of free stuff for you to dip into. Bring along your
unwanted junk, swap it for someone else's and bring it back working in a
robot. Be prepared to take back what does not get collected!
See http://kiwibots.org for further details and directions.
People of all ages and robots welcome.

Richard Jones