[chbot] Stampalike progress, microchip direct, and a toaster oven.

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Tue Apr 22 10:38:30 BST 2008

Thanks for the post Chris, sounds like you are having fun.
I would be very interested in a demo of the toaster oven sometime, maybe
you do do a demo at the robotics group? Perhaps one day we'll be
soldering BGA chips at home? Our paths seem to be crossing, I much
prefer smd for home assembly, saves all that drilling and cutting.
Yesterday I bought some ATmega8 microprocessors from South Island
components in through hole format. Thanks to Phils post about a month
ago I've been looking at Arduino project and thought that a few boards
similar to Arduino would make a nice robotic platform. For about $6NZ ea
chip and programmable in 'C' thats not bad. With 8K flash and 1K RAM
they should be sufficient for maze solving, table top challenge and
robot sumo. The main additions to the Arduino are power supply pins on
the port connectors to power plug in daughter boards, much shorter and
much thicker tracks.

Richard