[chbot] Lcd Problem

John Tiler chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 04:13:23 +0000

You have sorted it. It sounded like a timing problem. Some LCD controllers
ie. HD44780 clones are susceptible to outputting 'bad' data when the LPT
data is coming out of the computer faster than the clone can process it.

It's a pain that different manufacturers have different timing requirements.
This means that each LCD you buy will need to have it's own timing settings.
So, consider buying from only one supplier / brand.

John