[chbot] Lcd Problem

Andrew Errington chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:58:01 +1300

> On the way home from work Im going to pop in-to DSE and pickup
> http://tinyurl.com/ysnc2e , It looks like a very good base for a
> simple line follower,
> Any Suggestion on what controller I should look at getting Picaxe, stamp,
> other?

Actually, I think Richard bought one of those (Link is to DSE part number
K1235).  It's a pretty good price for something that you are undoubtedly
going to take apart.  Richard brought his in to show everyone but I can't
comment on anything else because I don't remember.

As to the controller, well, take your PIC (sorry).  Unfortunately you will
get a hundred and one suggestions as to what's best, but the flip side is
for every recommendation there will be an expert to support you.  I think I
would recommend the Picaxe- it's a lot cheaper than a Stamp, and easier to
use than just a raw PIC.  It's been a while since I looked though, so wait
and see what others have to say.