[chbot] Suggestions for mild steel rod supplier in Chch?

chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:08:09 +1200 (NZST)

Hi Richard

Acorn models sells "music wire" - its cheap, and I think it's in imperial sizes
ranging from about .25mm - 10mm in diameter. Its a very hard steel - easier to
cut with a grinder than a saw...

George Henry on Manchester St sells silver steel rods - superb quality metal in
metric sizes (they will have 4mm), but it's expensive.

Pete