[chbot] The next steps for my bot and control board.

Carl Ranson chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:25:37 +1200

Previously I was using the notebooks RS232 to talk to the motor
controller directly but I have a layer of sensors to add. I only have
one serial port available, so the plan is to put the dsPic board in the
middle and have it do the motor control and sensor monitoring.

I've got the RTOS and range sensors working so the next bit is to
communicate with the pc and drive the motors.
The motor controller can talk serial comms or rc servo pulses, so I
figured i'd use servo pulses to drive the motors and let the dsPic use
its uart for the 232.

Anyone got some code or exmaples to get me started? (Mike, I'm looking
in your direction)
Cheers all.
CR