[101admin] Kites101

Ellen Smith 101admin@ourshack.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:14:02 -0800

Andrew Ghezzi wrote:

> I like Ellen's line of kites as entry level, but are
> they going to be available across the nation as well?
> I'd hate to suggest something only to find it isn't
> locally available--Ellen...are you tight with the
> distributor?  Can you find a listing of local
> retailers that are carry them?

Actually there should be a great many dealers carrying this new
Explosive series by New Tech. We'll know soon, since KTAI just ended
this past weekend. :)

> I'd also like to see the Trlby in there.  I know, I
> know....its not your typical dual line and not capable
> of the tricks, but I simply love it for the durability
> aspect.

Hang on a second. I think Trlby is WONDERFUL! Absolutely a must for
recommendation. I hope to be getting some in myself.

> Beetle is a must. Agree?

Yes. Agreed. My only hesitancy is that it was a little small for me to
control. I need quite a bit of wind at this point in my learning curve
and it got a little squirrely for me, but I'm eager to try my hand at
the Nitro as it's bigger.

> As for soft kites, I'd like to add the HQ Symphony 1.3
> to the test pool.  Its a smooth foil, just a bit on
> the small side.  I also like the Mini Thunderfoil.

I want to try the Thunderfoil..the new larger size. I love my Stylus.
I'm hoping the new Nasa Wing from New Tech will be a nice flyer since I
think that is a wonderful kite to fly. I'm not familiar with HQ Symphony
1.3 but if you recommend it I'm sure that will be fine.

Ellen