[101admin] Kites101

Andrew Ghezzi 101admin@ourshack.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:02:19 -0800 (PST)

Caught the link on kites101.com.  Looks great.  I like
the idea of laying it out "progessively" so the new
user can be brought into the sport gradually.

I also agree 100% (as a web retailer no-less) that the
best source of information is the local kite store.  I
say get in there, get to know the staff, heck...even
buy what you need from them.  The big catch is that
the new user can go in there INFORMED and EDUCATED.
That will do wonders to what they end up purchasing.

At for links in the industry, I've always depended on
my KTAI directory for that kind of stuff.  Would you
like me to contact Maggie and see if I can get an
electronic version of the directory (which I think
already exists) and then gleen out all the retailers
in there?  The good news about this source is that its
an "international" directory so many locations to
point to that are outside of the US.

Also, I didn't notice an answer from before but how is
the site going to support certain kites?  Are we going
to put a group of kites through some sort of test
(durability, stability, flight) and then decide which
ones are suitable for the beginner kiter?

I also agree that at first the site's logic needs to
remain simple.  Its unfortunate that we've lost one of
the high end developers, and I'm not privy to what
went on there.  Heck....I'm just getting into HTML
myself and always know when to leave to tricky stuff
to the experts.

Nuff said...let me know about the diretory list.

Andrew Ghezzi