[chbot] noob mosfet/transistor question

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Mon May 24 00:18:58 BST 2021

Hi Andrew,

The biggest problem is that you probably want a high-side switch. Most
switching applications can be implemented as a low-side switch, which is
simpler and therefore more common, so most of the circuits and modules you
will find are of that type.

Depending on how often you want to switch stuff, how about a relay? Cheap
modules, 5V signalling, 10A switching. Downsides: slightly bulky, finite
lifetime, higher current draw.

Andrew (is there an echo in here?)