[chbot] Oxygen Concentrator - Zeolite Molecular Sieve

David Closey david.closey at gmail.com
Sun May 16 23:01:38 BST 2021

Zeolite has been implicated in lung cancers (mesothelioma)
Not as bad as asbestos but I wouldn't unpack or pack it until you have a
plan for dust control and respiratory protection

Safety data sheet excerpt

  1.1 Product identifiers Product Name : Brand : ACS Material Molecular
Sieve SSZ-13 Zeolite ACS Material LLC

SECTION 2: HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION 2.1 Classification of the substance or
mixture GHS Classification in accordance with 29 CFR 1910 (OSHA HCS) Eye
irritation (Category 2A), H319 Specific target organ toxicity - single
exposure (Category 3), Respiratory system, H335

  8.3 Personal protective equipment Eye/face protection Safety glasses with
side-shields conforming to EN166 Use equipment for eye protection tested
and approved under appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or
EN 166(EU). Skin protection Handle with gloves. Gloves must be inspected
prior to use. Use proper glove removal technique (without touching glove's
outer surface) to avoid skin contact with this product. Dispose of
contaminated gloves after use in accordance with applicable laws and good
laboratory practices. Wash and dry hands. Body Protection Impervious
clothing. The type of protective equipment must be selected according to
the concentration and amount of the dangerous substance at the specific
workplace. Respiratory protection For nuisance exposures use type P95 (US)
or type P1 (EU EN 143) particle respirator. For higher level protection use
type OV/AG/P99 (US) or type ABEK-P2 (EU EN 143) respirator cartridges. Use
respirators and components tested and approved under appropriate government
standards such as NIOSH (US) or CEN (EU).

David