[chbot] Lead Carbon rechargable cells

Robin Gilks gb7ipd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 05:28:16 BST 2021

Greetings all

I've seen a lot of B.S about this chemistry of cells (why would you
describe a battery as a super capacitor?) but trying to peel back to the
underlying numbers I think they are not all bad!

Does anyone know anything about them or had experience of using them for an
off-grid system? They look a lot more resilient than Lithium Ion Phosphate
(my next choice), especially WRT temperature, but since any battery that
has over 12KWhrs available is expensive I'd like to make the right choice
first time!

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks