[chbot] Extra information from this evening

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 09:26:05 GMT 2021

Hello everyone,

In case anyone suffered from information overload this evening, here
are some links that you can read at your leisure.

The new 3D printer I acquired is a Creality Ender 3 v2 from this
company in Auckland:
https://marvle3d.co.nz/home/1755-creality3d-ender-3-v2-3d-printer-.html

Creality's naming/numbering is a bit odd, so if you are comparing
prices then make sure you have the exact same model number. I am happy
with my purchase and the price, but I can't speak for anyone else.
Marvle3D also stocks eSun filament which I have heard is good quality.

The keyboard controller that's all the rage with the cool kids these
days is QMK (Quantum Mechanical Keyboard), which is configurable
firmware for an Arduino Pro Micro making it appear to be a USB
keyboard when plugged in (no drivers required).

You can read all about it here:
https://qmk.fm/

The third thing, which naturally captured everyone's attention, was...
the PinePhone.

You can read all about it here: https://www.pine64.org/pinephone/

I'll report back if I discover anything great or truly awful about it,
but my initial reaction is positive. It's a Linux box in your pocket,
and I am happy to contribute to the project.

Just a couple of other pieces of information, the dog and cat were
Creality sample files, and the keypad grid was my own design. These
were all printed with Marvle's own-brand PLA+, which seems fine to me.
The colour was described as 'grey', but I think it should be described
as 'light grey'. I have only used PLA, so I have no experience with
other plastics.

My 3D models are designed with OpenSCAD, and my PCBs are designed with
KiCAD. I programmed the QMK Arduino using the QMK tools on a Raspberry
Pi.

Finally, there are two excellent beer suppliers online in NZ, Beer
Jerk (https://www.beerjerk.co.nz/), and The Beer Cellar
(https://www.beercellar.co.nz/).

Best wishes,

Andrew