[chbot] HEX and ANSII ATMEGA and Delphi

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 00:51:53 GMT 2020

There are several ways to skin this particular cat, however, since you
are stuck on the annoying cases where you get a negative result I can
suggest two options.

1) When you get a negative result, fix it, because you know it can't
be negative.

2) Do you have access to ltoa() (long to ascii)? If so, put your
(unsigned) 16-bit value into a long and call ltoa().

Are you using the Arduino environment? You didn't say so explicitly,
but you did say you are using an ATmega of some type. If you post some
code (both sides) that could also help- it's hard to know what you
think is happening when you explain what you think is happening but
without showing the code. Then we can see what the code is doing and
suggest why it's not doing what you think it's doing.

This is a pretty simple problem, but it's easy to get bogged down in
the details if it's new to you.

Andrew