[chbot] Wanting real data - How best to mount sensors outside in the elements?

Andrew Sands andrew at theatrix.org.nz
Thu May 28 10:14:56 BST 2020

Hey all list dwellers,

I'm looking for advise, suggestions and general pointers to what other have done in order to get various types of sensors working out in the real world - that is beyond the bench.

What sensors perform better / marginal, what methods provide the best mechanical / environmental protection.

Where should I position say an outdoors temperature sensor?

Mostly I'm after less of the theory and more of the I tried this but it mutated a spider which ate my cat kind of thing. So don't do that.

Thanks for reading, stay safe. Wash your hands.

Regards,
Andrew