[chbot] Microcontroller graphics library

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Fri May 22 09:28:52 BST 2020

Hi All

I've got a bit of free time on my hands and am having a wee dabble with
micros.

I'm looking for a lightweight microcontroller oriented graphics library
with the following:

Absolute must haves:
* Linux development host. Not negotiable.
* Must support STM32Fx micros. Others a bonus, but STM32Fx is must-have.
* C or C++. No weirdo languages.

Nice to haves:
* Portable to other micros
* Free
* GUI bulder etc.

So far I have found that while almost all the STM32 tool offerings work on
Linux their GUI tool needs Windows. Pah!

So far I have found LVGL which looks promising. MIT licensed. All code
available.  Light weight. PC-based simulator (cross-platform). Very Linux
friendly.

Any comments/experiences welcome.

Thanks

Charles