[chbot] Skunkworks ventilators in NZ?

ceo at andygardner.com ceo at andygardner.com
Mon Mar 30 01:18:10 BST 2020

Even a partial list of items required would be helpful - the non-3D printing bits. Tubes, PSU, chassis, controllers, pumps, air switches, sensors, connectors...

Contact can then be made with businesses that might have the stuff sitting idle in warehouses, and arrangements made to get the stuff.

I might have boxes of the things buried in the back of a container.

Some of us could be working on accumulating suitable power supplies right now. If they could be designed to work with a generic PC PSU, I know a couple of warehouses in CHCH with a crap load of them sitting there waiting to be scrapped. Likewise PC cases.

Assuming they might need to be used in non-hospital situations, UPS accumulation as well?

Some of us are adept at rustling up weird shit out of thin air.

Ideally, a focused mailing list should be created.

If we want to do this quickly, we should also approach someone MBIE(?) for essential service status for travel permissions, warehouse access, etc.

I think it's worth doing as even if NZ manages to dodge the bullet these things are definitely required RIGHT NOW in other countries. Build enough of them, strap 'em into an idle AirNZ passenger jet and get them on their way.