[chbot] Planning for the next few weeks - SDR Experts?

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 19:09:10 GMT 2020

If you are using an RTL-SDR + RPi then that is a reasonable approach.

Snapshot 1 sec of data then go from there.

Yup, like GPS you're probably shooting for a 2 step approach:
Acquisition: finding the signal frequency offset (similar to GPS doppler
determination) + beep repeat rate (similar to GPS code).
Tracking: keeping synced to these.

Uncle Google should help you find some good texts.

https://berdiansklib.blogspot.com/2011/07/the-hobbyist-guide-to-rtl-sdr-really.html
https://www.rtl-sdr.com/gnss-sdrlib-real-time-gps-positioning-rtl-sdr/