[chbot] A couple of interesting radio projects

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Sat Jun 20 04:11:52 BST 2020

> Interesting.
>
> What do you mean by "no new licenses were issued" - what type of new
> license ?

For unattended operation a NOV (Notice of Variation) was required by the
license holder as the original license conditions stipulated that the
station be operated by the licencee under under his/her direct
supervision. They had a different callsign as a result. All sorts of
attachments like keyholders to remotely shut down - lots of hoops to jump
through. After 9/11 the hoops got smaller and the jumps bigger!

As part of TVIPUG (the Thames Valley IP User Group) I ran GB7IPD on the
hill in Flackwell Heath, the node I mentioned was GB7BW and other nodes in
the network were GB7IPE in Cookham, GB7IPF in the Chalfonts, GB7IPH in
Basingstoke, GB7IPC in High Wycombe and others (can't remember the
callsigns now) in Newbury, Tring and Aylesbury.

--
Robin Gilks zl3rob/g8ecj
Internet: g8ecj at gilks.org    http://www.gilks.org