[chbot] recommendations for inexpensive 2 axis "cnc"

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 23:51:51 BST 2020

Since this is a one-off I'd suggest acquiring someone else's junked 3D
printer and scavenging the X-Y platform mechanics.

Or, if that's not cheap enough, buy a US$100 new one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000535750845.html

Or, since I always enjoy any opportunity to promote the Cardboard CNC
by homofaciens:
https://www.homofaciens.de/technics-machines-cnc-v3-0_en.htm

Or, do you really need full X-Y coverage? If you have one piece P to
move from point A to point B a magnet on a screw thread driven by a
single motor might be sufficient, assuming a linear path with no
obstacles.

Andrew