[chbot] Robotics Group meeting, Monday 15 June 2020, 6:30pm, 5 Idris Road

Hartley, Robin (Nokia - NZ/Wellington) robin.hartley at nokia.com
Mon Jun 15 22:45:34 BST 2020

Hi Brindsley,

I also have an Ender-3 which I’m very happy with.
I did an auto-level conversion but in hind sight now that I have a greater understanding of what it does I’m thinking of removing it.
I got the optional glass bed which removes many of the issue people have with the bed being curved.

However I would recommend that if you have the plastic filament feed assembly look at getting a CNC aluminum  replacement assembly, only a few $ from Ali Express.
The tension arm has a habit of cracking and loosing tension but it’s not obvious. Happened to me on a 25 hour print and took several attempts before I found the problem.

Regards,
Robin