[chbot] Programming GPU's

Bevin Brett bevin_brett at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 12 22:05:59 BST 2020

Haven't done any directly myself, but have followed discussions about them by the Intel h/w people over the years

There is a variety of tools available to make it a lot simpler, and competing "standards".

Yes, memory traffic has to be managed very carefully - this was my specialty for my last 2 years at Intel.  Whether a GPU is going to be faster or slower than a multi-core or single-core cpu will depend on this, and on whether the code is really capable of being massively parallel

/Bevin