[chbot] LiPo 1200mAh 3.7V

Stephen Irons stephen at irons.nz
Fri Jul 31 04:51:51 BST 2020

I am looking for a few (2--5) LiPo batteries, around 1200 mAh 3.7 V
with 2 mm JST connector, size about 50 x 35 x 7 mm.

The BOM calls for
<https://nicegear.nz/product/lithium-ion-polymer-battery-1200mah> but
they are out of stock with no ETA -- they seem to be tricky to bring
into the country at this time.

Spare lithum cells seem tricky to buy from overseas. We buy AA Li-ion
batteries in pairs inside cheap-as torches (and throw away the garbage
housing) so they are shipped as consumer items, rather than spare
batteries. But I have not found an off-shore source for these LiPos in
a consumer device.

I have looked at a few online hobby shops -- drones often use small
lipos -- but have not had any success.

Fairly urgent (10--14 days is when other offshore items are arriving),
and I am happy to pay for DHL or similar shipping, but if they are
really not available in NZ, we will have to think of an alternative.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Stephen Irons