[chbot] GST on AliExpress orders

Dave Bracken dave.bracken at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 06:09:34 GMT 2020

Robin,
Yes I placed a couple of orders earlier in December and was surprised to
see the addition.  I understand it came into play on 1/12/2019.
Given you explicitly refer to US$, is it working out cheaper for you to
complete the transaction in US$ rather than NZ$?  I thought that the markup
on their exchange rate was less than what the NZ bank would charge to
convert it this end.  If things have changed and it is now cheaper to
transact in US $'s, I'm all ears.  On the off chance that others might not
be aware, you can have the transaction billed in lots of currencies, NZ $'s
included.
Dave