[chbot] Question regarding stepper motors

Michael Dawson misterschmoo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 23:25:32 GMT 2020

I am trying to calibrate the A4988 drivers for the stepper motors for my
laser engraver/cutter, using Arduino Uno and the CNC shield, (because
the one that came with the cutter was pirated software and didn't work
how it was supposed to and I want to run laserGRBL anyway).

The issue I am having is, I have not got the specs for the stepper
motors and aliexpress did not provide the specs.

I think they are nema17, but the only hint I have to that is that when I
search on the number etched into the motors D42HSC141B-24 I find an old
banggood ad saying they are nema17 but if you click on the link the
original ad is long gone.

I currently have them set to 0.952v when measured connected to the
arduino and cnc shield which is what was suggested, if they were rated
to 1.7A. I'm hoping that is correct for these steppers, so I guess my
question is does anybody have these same steppers and know the specs, or
do they know it they are indeed rated to 1.7A

Or is there a way to find the Amp rating other than the etching on the
side of the stepper?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh hi BTW, my name is Michael, one or two of you may know me, I ran Red
Dwarf BBS back in the day, (I just remembered, I had the Red Dwarf logo
display in RIP script when you logged in, pity that never really took off.)

Michael