[chbot] Recommendations for a phone/vendor

Richard Jones richard.jones.1952 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 09:28:12 BST 2019

My son recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S10 of some kind specially for the
slow motion video feature. He compared several manufacturers phones and
found that Samsung had the least motion blur (fastest shutter speed) of all
the phones that he tried. I have no idea whether or not my current phone
even does slow motion. So it really depends on what is important to you. I
bought a Samsung S9 and discovered that Samsung delete the standard Android
photosphere app and still call it an Android phone. Presumably this is to
get you to shell out for the Samsung Gear 360 in addition to an expensive
phone. I do miss photosphere, so my next phone will not be a Samsung unless
they change their marketing strategy. The last phone review that I read did
not even test the phone functionality but did discuss the colour of the
case at length. Sigh!

Richard