[chbot] Help! Upgrading OS X

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Sat May 18 06:26:16 BST 2019

Greetings

Just tried to update Stephs MAC today from Mavericks (10.9.5 - yes, that
old) to Mojave (10.14.3?)

Went to the App Store, hit upgrade and it started to download the installer.
Some time while it was doing that it decided that the internet connection
had dropped (it hadn't, it's an Ethernet connection, not WIFI) so it
stopped the update.

Trouble now is that I no longer have an update button (or a download
button if I go to the download site) to carry on. All I have is a list of
incompatible apps (because the OS is so old).

I can't find anything relevant in the Download folder or in the Apps
folder but somehow it remembers it has something!

I could bring it on Monday if anyone knows how to fix this specific
problem - need it updated to sync up with B-in-laws machine to do some
audio recording.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks