[chbot] Replacing laptop screen

Volker Kuhlmann list57 at top.geek.nz
Mon Mar 18 11:01:45 GMT 2019

Thanks for all the good suggestions!

We ran out of time tonight so I'll post here instead.

I contacted Dave Thompson of PC Anytime, who was extremely helpful with
making suggestions. Dell is not HP by the way, HP has parts support,
Dell doesn't give a hoot.

In the end I ordered an E5420 for parts from trademe and swapped the
panel over. It turned out to be exactly the same panel model (even if
the E5420 was not), and works fine. Now I have to argue with the seller
about a deep mark in the front that wasn't grime afterall...