[chbot] Plastic hinges

Helmut Walle helmut.walle at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 09:56:53 GMT 2019

Such fun! But did I miss the part about the pointy piercing tools? Or were there really not any
of that kind at all? Ah well, still interesting...

In the wider context of using plastic parts in robotics, the igus product range may also be of
interest - I first noticed them when I needed some plain bearing bushes for the rear suspension
on our home-built tandem bike. We could obviously have used the traditional bronze bushes, but
why would you, if plastic bearings are outperforming the old-fashioned metal parts in every regard?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGBipbgwgME

Helmut.