[chbot] Experience with 1stdomains.nz

Volker Kuhlmann list57 at top.geek.nz
Tue Mar 12 20:50:40 GMT 2019

On Mon 04 Mar 2019 14:36:39 NZDT +1300, Mark Atherton wrote:

> Anyone used this hosting service ?

I was just considering it. Turns out they will only host email if
you also host the domain with them, proably the same with websites,
which makes it impossible to shift email to them as you lose everything
for up to 48 hours. It's therefore highly dangerous whenever you need to
move anything, as they will delete to the last bit as soon as you move
the domain. Vendor lock-in. Or lock-out as I see it.

Useless service from my point of view.