[chbot] Scrounging for big switch mode PSUs - clarifications

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 08:31:17 GMT 2019

Hello,

Okay, I understand so this is not batteries you are powering from the mains. Might I suggest looking for a single large power supply and forget the idea of joining them together. I am guessing you will be able to find one. The problem will be that you will need to have wall sockets capable of this power. Typically, 2400W or lower is were fuses are set. If you have a 15A link and socket then that may be okay.

Also, are we talking about a mains supply of 240V to which these DC units will connect?

If I have missed the boat just let me know. I now read it as switch mode power supplies rather than DC switches. That part makes much more sense.

I know what you mean by metal enclosures. Keep in mind that you may want to have something like this grounded or an enclosure as it will be handing quite a bit of power and also ventilation may be worth considering.

Kind regards,
Henri