[chbot] Getting access to data on broken iPhone5s

Peter Ellens ellensp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:50:45 GMT 2019

A good non official apple repair place can do it (sometimes, depends
what is dead)

Official apple repair is a joke... they just replace the main board or
try and get you to buy a new phone..  no data recovery

most famous is ipadrehab https://forum.ipadrehab.com/
They have forums and videos and you can either learn to fix it yourself,
or send it to them, or find someone more local...
Sadly I only know about the big places in the USA and one in Australia,
nothing in NZ, but i'm sure they are here somewhere...